Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Does the mind rule the body or the body rule the mind?"
- The Smiths

I would like to think I'm a pretty girl with a nice, curved nose. My eyebrows may eat my face, but they add jazz to my smile. I probably do weird things with my mouth, like biting my lips, sucking on them when I'm nervous, and trying to peel the skin off with my teeth. I may think too much, but that never stops me from wanting to. Today, while waiting for an inconvenience, I made up a whole speech I wanted to say to someone.
This guy- we've kind of dated. I didn't really see it as something special- just playful. We were talking for awhile and got "kind of" close in the midst of it all. I had a bad anxiety attack one day and kind of took it out on him. We stopped talking for three weeks.
Then I get a call from him. An apology message. It said he was sorry for being so immature and that every time he sees me he feels bad that he just randomly stopped talking to me.. and how he doesn't have the guts to face me in person and apologize. I found that kind of cute. I called him back, and we talked.
I'm trying to keep this positive this time. My emphasis on it is that when I met him I had just freshly been broken up with the guy I thought I was in "love" with. I was not ready for a relationship, or even a close encounter. We met at a party and instantly hit it off. I thought he was charming, and I'm sure he thought I was cute. It surprises me that he came back, just like that. Willing to talk to me. To see me at the club I'm president of. To call me, to talk to me, to text me.
It's really sweet and I don't really want to screw things up this time with my insecurity or broken heart. And if I do, well, oh well. It's just going to be a positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment