Monday, April 6, 2009

Age of Attitude

"What would Jesus do? I think if he were in my shoes he would lie down and wait for the next Union Pacific freight train."
- "Cake" by Patrick Tobin

I have a million things to do like clean my paper-filled room, call my prom date back (just in case he finally notices that I am a complete loser and take a strange misdemeanor to dating at this time...), finish my homework, write my articles for newspaper, AND watch Dancing with the Stars. Instead, I write in here.
I was reading Country Living Magazine (so, your asking in your head- why would a Seventeen year old girl read an old woman's magazine? Don't worry, it's the same question I have when I walk into an antique store with my 50 year old mother) and noticed Kate White. Kate White is the Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan, has been the Editor-in-Chief of 4 other magazines, the biggest being Redbook and McCall's. Can you say wonderful?
I have such a strange admiration for those who level themselves up in the magazine field. (I sound like a little boy goggling over Mario jumping over mushrooms). I've been reading books such as The Best American Non-Required Reading and articles on the ever-so-interesting Area 51 and listening to Green Day. I want a writer's life; just an endless display of mind adventures.
Did I mention she has written more than 5 books of a bestselling series? I call that AMAZING. Or just nonhuman.
So after detailing my life in a 15 minute bus ride, I have decided to come up with a list. Usually my lists don't exactly work. Actually, they really don't help me. I try to go buy them but fail miserably. Maybe it's a jinx.
After going to Armenian Apostolic Church on Sunday for the first time in two years I decided that one of my main goals in life other than becoming in the magazine industry is to marry an Armenian. Of course, this is going to fail. Mainly because I already fail at dating (I'm Seventeen, have only kissed 3 guys, got hurt more than 5, and ended a relationship in which I was head over heels in, went back and hurt myself by wanting to be with him again) and because the amount of Armenian guys who would want to be with me are scarce. They want babies. They want boobies. They want brains.
I think I only have 1/4 of the last.
and that is if I think really hard. I think my ex-Armenian boyfriend noticed this.

New subject.
I woke up approximately at 3:50 AM this morning after going to bed at 7:00 PM. I did 25 definitions, along with a Advanced Placement United States History essay. From my surprise, it's not due until Wednesday. Go me. That's what you get when you think your the Queen of Procrastination but you just become the Queen of forgetting and waking up early in the morning to do shit you probably would not do anyways. I keep thinking I'm going to get to go to UC Santa Cruz and start a life outside of this deserted land mine, but then again my mother speaks of things lower than this. Community College.
Yes, I wanted to kill myself after that last thought.

Why take Advanced Placement if you, yourself, aren't advanced placement enough?
(Did that just make sense?)

"Tell me the words I might have said
That's pumping pressure deep inside my head
Was it bad enough to be too late?
Just tell me the words I might have ate"
- Words I might have Ate by Green Day


No comments:

Post a Comment