Saturday, May 2, 2009

Skeptic

I'm sick of studying. Sick of dragging people on the brink of insanity, bugging them with newspaper deadlines or my latest whine. I finally found the time to sit down, browse through some Distiller tracks, and take a chill pill.
Me and my father watched Escape from Alcatraz with Clint Eastwood. Very interesting, but I felt incredibly sleepy and ready for a nap 85% through it...
I've been reading like a madwoman lately and I think it really reflects in my writing. I took my SAT today, and I'm pretty confident in the outcome. If I get a horrible score, It's only myself that is the ultimate failure, and in nothing else. The way I retain information may not be the the most blessed but the confidence I have in my writing and English skills can go a long way.
I'm tired, I have to take a mock exam for history tomorrow. The JOY. I need to study art history, get my ass in line. All I really do is look up pictures of rock stars and drool. I want to be Brody Dale. :)



Ever since I actually, truly thought of becoming a journalist and pursuing the least bit of confidence in my writing the outcome was fierce. Music journalist, maybe? I've kind of come to the conclusion that I am just a delusional miscreant in this world and I just need to be myself. Not this hardworking, sickly skinny lawyer that every man finds attractive.
I'm tired but the steps to my chair and bed look a mile away. Today I realized that the Richard Nixon Museum is incredibly boring and I wish I didn't waste my mother's money, but I desperately needed APUSH extra credit. Why did I take so many damn AP classes? I don't even have time to write to my pen pals, let alone breathe.
Okay, okay, okay. I need sleep.

Skeptic

Far star that tickles for me my sensitive plate
And fries a couple of ebon atoms white,
I don't believe I believe a thing you state.
I put no faith in the seeming facts of light.

I don't believe I believe you're the last in space,
I don't believe you're anywhere near the last,
I don't believe what makes you red in the face
Is after explosion going away so fast.

The universe may or may not be very immense.
As a matter of fact there are times when I am apt
To feel it close in tight against my sense
Like a caul in which I was born and am still wrapped.

Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment